The Owner of Truex Preferred Construction, Bill Truex is very involved within in the community and is a strong believer in “giving back”.
- 2012 President of the Englewood Cape Haze Area Chamber of Commerce
- CDBIA Local Builders Association – Past President (2010)
- Charlotte DeSoto Building Industry Association – Builder Member
- Florida & Charlotte County of Commerce Member
- Florida Home Builders Association First Vice President/Treasurer
- Director of NAHB
- FHBA Immediate Past President, FHBA President 2018, Former Director
- Leadership of Englewood Graduate 2010
- Chairman of the Building Industry Oversite Committee
- Charlotte County Board of Zoning Appeals
- Englewood Area Planning Advisory Board
- Manatee Sarasota Home Builder’s Association – Builder Member
- Lemon Bay Sunrise Rotary and Paul Harris Fellow
- Habitat for Humanity – Built Homes in Builder’s Blitz 2009
- Big Brothers/ Big Sisters Mentor
- Little League Baseball Volunteer Umpire & Board Member
- YMCA – Volunteer w/Annual Fundraiser
2019 Habitat for Humanity “Builder’s Blitz”
With 92 contractors, subcontractors and dozens of volunteers, a whole block of new, affordable homes were built in five days for Charlotte County Habitat for Humanity’s Builders Blitz 2019. Truex Preferred Construction was honored to be one of the builders who dedicated time, labor and materials to this project.
2009 Habitat for Humanity “Builder’s Blitz”
Truex was one of the local contractors who accepted the challenge of donating all of their time, energy and expertise to build nine Habitat houses in six days.
Left to right: Jerry Spurgeon of Coastal Property Group, Derek Boid, Director of Construction of Charlotte County Habitat for Humanity, Bill Truex of Truex Preferred Construction, Paul Schaefer of Schaefer Homes LLC, Mike Mansfield, Executive Director of Charlotte County Habitat for Humanity, Frank Bell of Owen-Ames-Kimball Company, Brett White of Mathews/Taylor Construction LLC, and Magnus Karlstedt of MK Construction. Contractors who also each built a home in the Builders Blitz, but not pictured here: Kristen Marsella of Marsella Enterprises, and TJ Thornberry of Thornberry Development Inc.